Job opening: support assistant (Kenya office)
The Oslo Center was established in 2006 as an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organization. The main areas of work have been peace, democracy and human rights, and through the years the mission of the Center has increasingly focused on democracy assistance. The Oslo Center takes a holistic approach to democracy assistance, working with political institutions and processes including political parties, governance actors, civil society and independent commissions and offices. The Oslo Center is assisting our partners in their institutional and organizational strengthening, rather than offering prescriptive programs and activities.
The Oslo Center is seeking a support assistant to be based at the Kenya Office. The position reports to the Finance and Administration Officer, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assist to ensure timely recording and reconciliation of all financial transactions ensuring a high degree of accuracy, completeness and sufficiency of documentation for all transactions at all times.
- Assist in coding and posting of transactions and preparation of financial statements for the Kenya office.
- Assist in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for the Kenya account both general and project specific.
- Assist in effecting payment of statutory deductions and any other payroll deductions including filing Annual Returns and Withholding taxes to the relevant Government institutions in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing and processing payments, ensuring enough supporting documentation and reasonableness of such payments in compliance with OC Finance Policy
- Ensure safe custody and filing of all OC Accounting documentation i.e. payment invoices and receipts, contracts, LPOs, vouchers and OC payment support documentation.
- Assist in all Audits and financial reviews conducted for the OC Kenya office.
- Assist with hotel bookings and procurement process.
- Ensure that the office has all admin utilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or their designate.
- A Kenyan National
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related field.
- Professional Qualification i.e. At least CPA section 3.
- At least 1year experience working in an NGO.
- Multi-tasking and higher efficiency and attention to details.
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Team-working skills.
- Good spoken and written English
The Oslo Center seeks the Support Assistant staff to represent the general population, when it comes to both gender and cultural diversity. We therefore encourage women and people with minority backgrounds to apply for the position.
For any questions and application for the position please submit your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th June 2021.