Job opening: Fundraising / Administration officer
The Oslo Center was established in 2006 by former Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik and former Cabinet Minister Einar Steensnæs, as an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organization. The main areas of work have been peace, democracy and human rights, and through the years the mission of the center has increasingly focused on democracy assistance. The Oslo Center takes a holistic approach to democracy assistance, working with political institutions and processes including political parties, governance actors, civil society and independent commissions and offices. The Oslo Center is assisting our partners in their institutional and organizational strengthening, rather than offering prescriptive programs and activities.
The Oslo Center is seeking a Fundraiser/Administration for our head office in Oslo, to oversee our fundraising and administration activities in Norway. The person will work with the head office in Oslo, and local staff in the Oslo Center’s field offices to secure and manage efficient implementation of our democracy assistance projects.
The position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Oslo, Norway, with possible travel to project countries.
- Develop a communication and fundraising strategy for the Oslo Center in close cooperation with the team
- Manage donor relations in Norway anddevelope new opportunities.
- Ensure donor coordination and maintain an international donor portfolio through effective and professional networking
- Develop communication material to promote the work of the Oslo Center and foster partnerships
- Oversee the Oslo Center’s website and contribute to the social media platforms
- Oversee and administer the office support activities at our HQ in Oslo
- Provide communication and administrative support to the Oslo Center’s Field Offices
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations or another relevant field
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a comparative field, preferably in international not for profit organisation working with communication and fundraising.
- A minimum of 3 years of exposure to partnerships development, resource development and fundraising experience.
- Demonstrable track record of work with similar tasks in an international organisation, not for profit organisation
- International and/or field experience is valued.
- Experience in being a strong member of an international team.
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Experience in communication, fundraising and ideally administration
- Capability of working with sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment and virtual or/and dispersed teams
- Able to undertake strategic thinking and translate this into practice
- Able to network effectively and influence and inspire others, including donors, staff, and partners
- Able to respond to a diverse range of context-sensitive requests, often in highly tense and fast paced situations
The Oslo Center seeks the staff to represent the general population, when it comes to both gender and cultural diversity, we therefore encourage women and people with minority backgrounds to apply for the position.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Executive Director Finn Jarle Rode at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 45610761 .
To apply for the position please submit your CV and application to email@example.com by 15th of July 2020. Desired start date is as soon as possible.
We accept CVs and applications in both English and Norwegian.