Job opening: Evaluation and Reporting Officer in Kenya!
The Oslo Center was established in 2006 as an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organization. The main areas of work have been peace, democracy and human rights, and through the years the mission of the Center has increasingly focused on democracy assistance. The Oslo Center takes a holistic approach to democracy assistance, working with political institutions and processes including political parties, governance actors, civil society and independent commissions and offices. The Oslo Center is assisting our partners in their institutional and organizational strengthening, rather than offering prescriptive programs and activities.
The Oslo Center is seeking an Evaluation and Reporting Officer to be based at the Kenya Office. The position reports to the Senior Advisor, East Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Develop standards for verifying and measuring the quality of activities implemented.
- Provide evaluation feedback into project and program design
- Develop and M&E strategy for the organisation
- Develop M&E frameworks for projects, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Provide support at the proposal development and design stage of programs and projects for setting up the performance management framework and defined indicators to support the intended project objectives and goals.
- Develop and manage database system for monitoring and evaluation and generate periodic reports to inform and guide program.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Follow up on the implementation of evaluation, recommendations, ensuring the optimal use of evaluations and monitoring findings by providing guidance in the preparation of timely management response.
- Ensure the development and revision of M&E templates/forms, tools, and processes as part of The Oslo Center’s wide efforts to improve program reporting capabilities.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities. Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Team.
- Lead, support and facilitate all programmatic reporting to ensure evidence-based findings linked to impact, change and learning.
- Participate in annual project reviews and support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project
- Ensure the timely submission of quality program and M&E reports, and contribute to other reports that require M&E inputs.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
- Undergraduate degree – preferably in a directly related field, e.g. development studies, project management, operational research, statistics, mathematics etc.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a planning, performance monitoring and/or evaluation and reporting role, with experience working for a humanitarian organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis or visualization tools, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities.
- Experience with designing and implementing surveys.
- Experience in developing performance management plans, results frameworks, logical frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in multiple sectors.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Proficiency in using statistical analysis software, such as SPSS.
- Experience managing grants or contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in applying qualitative/participatory research methods. linking planning to M&E and results-based approaches.
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
The Oslo Center seeks the M&E staff to represent the general population, when it comes to both gender and cultural diversity. We therefore encourage women and people with minority backgrounds to apply for the position.
For any questions and application for the position please submit your CV and application letter to email@example.com by 31st of January 2021. Please, notice that applications to other e-mail accounts will not be considered.
PROGRAM: Kenya Program
DUTY STATION: Nairobi/Kenya
POSTING DATE: 22nd January, 2021.
CLOSING DATE: 31st January, 2021.
JOB TYPE: Full-time.