Invitation to The Global State of Democracy publication launch
The Oslo Center and International IDEA have the pleasure to invite you to the launch of International IDEA’s publication The Global State of Democracy, on 28 November 2017 in Oslo.
The Global State of Democracy is a new biennial publication analysing and assessing the state of democracy around the world, based on data from a newly developed Global State of Democracy indices. The publication includes an overview of global and regional democracy trends and developments, current challenges and crises, as well as evidence-based and actionable recommendations for policy makers and democracy practitioners worldwide.
The publication’s first edition focuses on ‘Exploring Democracy’s Resilience’ and analyses a set of key challenges to democracy and the enabling conditions for its resilience.
- Opening remarks by Kjell Mange Bondevik, president of the Oslo Center
- Introductory speech by Ine Eriksen Søreide, Norwegian Foreign Minister
- Key note speech by Yves Leterme, Secretary General of International IDEA
- Presentations of key findings of the GSoD publication, including regional and global trends.
- Panel debate on the changing nature of political parties and representations – challenges, threats and opportunities
- Jorge Valladares, Senior Program Manager, International IDEA
- Jan-Petter Holtedahl, Senior Advisor, NORAD
- Hilde Frafjord Johnson, Secretary General, Christian Democratic Party
- Moderator: Nikolai Hegertun, Doctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Development and Environmen
When:28 November 2017, 9:30-11:00
Where: “Kjelleren” at the House of Literature, Wergelandsveien 29, 0167 Oslo
Please share this invite with your network.
Registration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 November 2017.
International IDEA and the Oslo Center
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide.
The Oslo Center is an independent, non-partisan democracy assistance center that assists the strengthening of democratic political institutions and processes.